Monday, September 4, 2017

A Breath of New Life

Table of Contents:

I. FMSD Party Recap
II. Ritual Fire - Volunteers Needed!
III. From ME to YOU

I. FMSD Party Recap

Howdy Gents, we first wanted to thank each and every one of you who showed interest in the Fetish Men San Diego party that took place this past weekend (September 2nd)! All-in-all, we are considering this event to have been a success, with a few hiccups along the way, but overall we are proud of what we accomplished!

But don't just take my word for it! If you haven't had the opportunity yet, read Papa Tony's review of the event here!  We would like to make this a regular event, but need your feedback to make it happen!  If you have any insight of your own that you'd like to contribute, please email DoriamFMSD@GMail.com.

We also had a few players misplace their equipment. If you find any toys that don't belong to you, please notify me and I will do my best to find its home. Vice-versa, if you have lost any toys, let me know what it is that you lost and I will keep my eyes and ears peeled to get them back to you!

II. Ritual Fire - Volunteers Needed

This Sunday, in conjunction with Club X San Diego, we are hosting Ritual Fire: A Tribal Bonfire Social. Starting at 6:30, we will have kinksters from across San Diego arriving to share in the energy. At 7pm SHARP, Papa Tony will be leading the opening ceremony, inviting each of our Brothers and Sisters to open themselves up. Jason will be leading drumming throughout the night, and many of our local players have volunteered to demonstrate their skills with light- and fire-based play. Keep track of the Facebook Event and our Fetlife Account for details on the exact location.

Speaking of volunteers, we wanted to thank everyone who has reached out about potentially teaching a class, offering themselves for setup/tear-down, giving advice and words of wisdom, etc. In the coming weeks, we will be revealing the volunteer system we're working on to show YOU how much your efforts and support means to your Brothers. Some positions on this list will include:

  • Ambassadors - Duties include attending events and answering questions, welcoming the new folk, and generally being friendly.
  • Dungeon Monitors (DMs) - Oversee play, ensuring that guidelines are being followed, and that attendees are engaging in Safe, Sane, Consensual (SSC) & Risk-Aware Consensual Kink (RACK).
  • Instructors - May be asked to lead a discussion or demonstration on a skill associated with BDSM/Fetish/Kink/Leather. If you have a skill or topic you are particularly passionate about, please contact us and let us know!
We will have more information available soon! But for now, we are in need of Ambassadors for Ritual Fire, as well as people to help reserve the location.

III. From ME to YOU.

It was my pleasure to organize the FMSD Party last weekend, and I was thrilled to see that so many of you enjoyed it! The stress involved with planning an event was not something I was thrilled to carry at first, but seeing it unfold and blossom, watching as my Brothers experienced the work we'd put in made everything entirely worth it. I won't go into excruciating details, but the results of the party have left me feeling as though I am floating in mid-air. I have been granted a new vitality, a breath of new life, and further excitement to continue planning events. Now, I need your help.

With all of the excitement, I need to make sure that I am listening to the most important part of Fetish Men San Diego; and that's you. Without my Brothers, we have no organization, no club, and no group to provide all of this work for. So, if there is something you'd like to see FMSD do more often, classes you'd be interested in attending, old events you'd like to see revisited, etc. Let me know by contacting DoriamFMSD@GMail.com

Additionally, we need a support team. Eventually, we hope that FMSD will begin building community leaders. In the same way I was inspired to step up, I hope some of YOU will consider stepping up, being available, and taking the opportunity to share these connections with your Brothers.

Have a wonderful week, Gentleman. I look forward to seeing you all at Ritual Fire - we may have one more post this week before then. Keep posted.


In Service,
DoriamC

No comments:

Post a Comment