Saturday, August 2, 2014

Review of "BDSM 101" Discussion

Photos by our Photo-Documentarian, Scott Smith

Alf, Daddy Ron, Sir Magnum and AlphaDog Nikita

Wednesday, July 30, 2014.

From boy brian:

I was very happy to see the influx of new faces this week for our BDSM 101 topic. It seems like all the work JP put into making a solid presence for ourselves in the leather realm at Pride really paid off. I might have thought that some of our veteran members would be "bored" by a 101 session but instead I was pleased to see everyone step up with enthusiasm to share from their experience. 

 From Hanky Code, to Caps and Collars we covered all the must-know basics. As a "veteran" of a year and a half I've gotten to know most of the ropes by now (and even a knot or two) ;) but there were some good refreshers in there even for me.

One of the better nuggets of knowledge I was reminded of is how helpful our community can be for "vetting" people. Out there all alone on "The Internet" there's a mix of good guys and bad apples and it's hard to tell what's what. It's invaluable to have a community to steer us in the right direction and help introduce us to the good people worth knowing.

Sir Magnum hands the paddle over to Daddy Ron

Sir Magnum "handed over the paddle" to Daddy Ron, who will be stepping up to help organize for a few months. And while I think Magnum has done an amazing job, I think he's right when he says that change is a good thing for us. Keeps us fresh and on our toes. I look forward to seeing what Daddy Ron has in store. I know he's a pro at building a family so I'm excited to see how that plays out on an org level for FMSD as a whole.

I'm really looking forward to digging deeper and getting to know our new members more in the discussions to come.

Brett, Sir Magnum and Daddy Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment