Saturday, March 30, 2013

My New Master's Cap

This article is part of my Mentoring for Tops/Sirs/Doms/Masters curriculum.




My old "Master's Cap" has finally fallen apart, after 22 years.  Somehow, being sat-upon several times by a 265-pound leatherman wasn't working well for it. Go figure. The brim was cracked, and the lining gouged my shaved scalp, every time I wore it.

I wanted a new one, but a GOOD one. So, I went to MuirCap.com and did some clicking around. Under "Specialty Hats", I found "Leather Caps - Silver Mylar".  As anyone who knows me will tell you, I have gotten more and more into "bling" as I have gotten older. So, I ordered the cap with all of the glittery chromed accessories.

It took about six weeks to arrive, since it was custom-made for my head. A buddy measured my head just above my ears, to make sure that it would be comfortable.  I wear my Master's Cap a LOT, being so active in the community, so I wanted to be sure that I wouldn't be leaving it to sit on a table while my head recovered. 

However, there was one additional detail that I wanted to add - The eagle crest is my own, very personal touch:


Most folks don't know this about me, but I used be BIG in the old-car-collecting hobby.  Among other things, I started the 8,000-member worldwide Online Imperial Club, my nickname among its entire membership is "Imperial Leader," I have owned thirty or so Imperials, and I used to drive this car in the Pride Parade every year:


If you look closely, you can see the same eagle in the center of the wheel covers.

So, I figure, if ANYBODY on earth is qualified to wear a 1964 Imperial Eagle crest (in this case, from between the back seats of a 1964 Imperial Crown Coupe), then it would be me.  Many folks will wonder where it is from - "Is that a NAZI EAGLE?" "Is that a PHOENIX?"  Somehow, in several decades, only three guys have guessed correctly.


While I was in the process of ordering a Master's Cap for myself, I also ordered one for a younger man who is taking ownership of his "Sir" status.  Being young, handsome and studly, he doesn't have to work so hard at being noticed, so he prefers a simpler, less-glittery cap-style.

I have taken him under my wing, and am teaching him the steps that can make him a very Effective Top.  After I have "signed him off" on what I consider to the the requisite skills, techniques and attitudes, then I will be officiating over a ceremony in his honor, where I will be publicly presenting him with his Master's Cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment