Thursday, June 7, 2012

Local Yoga Instructor

I like what Paul has been doing, so I am re-posting what he told me:


Paul D. Tucci


I have been back here in San Diego for almost 4 years now. Let me catch you up on my adventures since I was a bartender at the original San Diego Eagle in 1996-97. I moved to San Francisco in December of 1997, without a job, and ended up working at the Powerhouse Bar, in SOMA for 11 years. I participated in three ALC's (Aids Life Cycle), and was Mr. April 1999 in the SOMA Bare chest calendar. 

During the end of that time ( at the Powerhouse Bar) I had become a yoga instructor, and was seeing my bar customers showing up in my yoga classes, and more surprising than that I was seeing my yoga students show up in the Powerhouse. It was interesting to see their surprised faces upon seeing their yoga instructor in a rubber bulldog harness. I was living a double life and moving to San Diego was a way for me to make a clean break and get back to the life I thought I should be leading. I thought I should be  getting away from the quick-cash bartending lifestyle which i decided it was
not for me anymore.

Teaching yoga had been a way to do something I love, and helping my students lead healthier and happier lives is always rewarding. I started being a substitute naked yoga teachers for these 2 great gay yoga teachers, and suddenly they left town and gave me their naked yoga business. I found that what I most loved about doing this was I did not have to teach "gym" yoga ( i call it "yoga-robics"), I could work with gay men, and design the classes and my business the way I thought it should be. What I love most about teaching men's naked yoga, is giving gay men a place to be sociable, spiritual, vulnerable, safe, and healthy. I also welcome "male" identified transgender people in our community. I am currently enrolled in a Physical Therapy Assistant Program at Mesa College.

I do make guest bartending appearances at the Powerhouse bar for both the Dore Alley & Folsom St. Fair. SF is my 2nd home.


Here are the links to my 2 yoga retreats:


San Diego Men's Yoga Retreat (clothing optional)July 13-15, Boulevard / San Diego Area4 yoga classes, 6 meals, 3 days. 2 nights (Fri. 3 pm to Sun. 3 pm)
Hiking, Pool, jacuzzi, sun decks, high desert atmosphere
http://paultucci.com/retreat.html..........................................................................................................................Big Island  Men's Yoga Retreat - Kalani Resort / New Year's Dec. 29- Jan 4Yoga, swimming at Clothing optional Beach, snorkeling, 2 yoga instructors
http://nakedyogabryanharrelson.com/content/new-years-retreat..........................................................................................................................
Regularly scheduled San Diego Naked Men's Yoga ClassesTues. / Thurs. 730 pm
Sunday 10 am
3485 Noell St.
San Diego, CA 92110
http://www.SDNakedyoga.comSincerely,

Paul D. Tucci

1 comment: